At Life Health Centers, we provide services to help clients get the beauty sleep they deserve. Many people have sleep disorders preventing them from enjoying their sleep, causing them to become fatigued, irritable, lose concentration, and it may be both a symptom as well as a sign of other more serious illnesses and conditions. We attempt to locate the root cause of your sleep problems in order to ensure reason for your discomfort is eliminated, providing longer lasting outcomes and results for your health.
Insomnia is a sleep disorder that is characterized by difficulty falling and/or staying asleep. People with insomnia have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up often during the night and have trouble falling back to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Feeling tired upon waking
Types of Insomnia
There are two types of insomnia, primary insomnia and secondary insomnia:
- Primary Insomnia: Sleep problems that are not directly associated with other health conditions or problems
- Secondary Insomnia: Sleep problems because of an external factor such as a health condition (like asthma, depression, arthritis, cancer or heartburn); pain; medication they are taking; or substance they are using such as alcohol.
Symptoms of Insomnia
- Sleepiness during the day
- General tiredness
- Problems with concentration or memory
If you are interested in learning about treatment options for insomnia, contact us at Life Health Centers to book a consultation.